Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Life so far in Alaska

Man I'm really bad at this haha. It's the beginning of March and I haven't written since October but in my defense, stuff has been crazy. This stuff is not easy and my little taste of the army has not been a good one, but I am trying to stay positive. I am currently living in Alaska but I'm STILL NOT sponsored. I came up here mid November and we found a place to live, then I came in the beginning of December to sign the lease and again for Christmas and New years. All on my own dime by the way -_- I officially came up here January 18th. Been here ever since and I finally have my doctors appt. with the army on Friday and that is the last thing for my sponsorship to go through, then hopefully I can go get all my things from Texas. Me and Jared have been sleeping on an air mattress this whole time lol Thankfully I waited till I got here to buy all our furniture so we have couches and a kitchen table and everything. I also was smart and shipped a large box of kitchen stuff up before I came, so we pretty much have the necessities to survive right now but it's just annoying not having my bed and the apartment is so plain, I just want my decorations that I planned out so flawlessly lol, I want to make this place feel more like a home!
Other then the annoying army crap, some things have been nice and easy and others, hard and annoying. It's nice finally being on my own, the bills suck but that's life and growing up and I'm proud to be on my own and doing these things without help from my parents. Some annoying things are the dog tag chasers up here in Alaska, omg, the uniform attracts some of the weirdest girls but we are dealing and Jared got orders for Afghanistan for June 13th. It's terrifying to me but I've accepted, it's going to happen now or later so just deal. We are trying to spend as much time as possible together cuz I know this is going to be hard on the both of us, but we are strong.
My days really consist of me cleaning, organizing, cross stitching lol, and preparing dinner. Since the command sponsorship hasn't gone through I don't have my car as well. That takes a month to get here and it's not even in the process, so I'm really hoping we can get that moving soon. Having no car here really sucks. Jared bought a truck up here but of course he takes it to work. He offers to let me take him to work so I can have it, but really what do I have to do? nothing lol. I'm starting my school back up so by the time he's back from deployment I will be finished and I can get a real job and we can finish planning our wedding and start making plans for baby number 1. We finally set a date for the wedding. September 20, 2014. If you guys notice my blog about the proposal, it's 2 years after he proposed, so I thought it fit well. I don't want to keep the same anniversary as when we went to the JOP because its literally 5 days before my birthday and I would like some space between those days. I really like the idea of a September/fall wedding and can't wait to plan it!
That's pretty much been it so far. Now that I have so much free time I'm going to try to update this more. Keep us in your prayers that our stuff gets here soon, before both of us have horrible back problems from this air mattress lol!

0 comments:

Post a Comment